I am quite fond of my earlier Rusty Riley quiz, in part because of the nice mixture of somewhat easy and almost impossible questions. I decided to put together another quiz, and, this time, to supply answers (in a future post). I still don’t intend to provide the answers to my earlier quiz, but someday I might.
Like the earlier quiz, this is only for fun. There are no prizes. Don’t send me your answers.
1. What was the name of the person in charge of the orphanage where Rusty lived at the beginning of the strip?
2. What was the name of the orphanage?
3. Why was Rusty so upset when he saw Junior riding Big Blaze?
4. True or false: Junior was Rusty’s best friend.
5. What was the name of the farm owned by Mr. Miles?
6. True or false: Rusty aged one year for each year of the strip.
7. True or false: Patty’s appearance changed several times in the course of the strip.
8. True or false: When Patty’s purse was stolen, Patty was upset because all of her money was in the purse.
9. True or false: In the final story, Rusty pilots a spaceship to the moon, where he meets Connie.
10. What was the name of Rusty’s dog?
11. What was Mr. Purdy’s nickname?
12. True or false: Even though the Rusty Riley comic strip involves horses, the strip never shows a veterinarian.
13. True or false: The last story in the Rusty Riley daily strip was interrupted in mid-story.
14. True or false: The Rusty Riley strip stopped appearing about a month before Frank Godwin died.
15. Which strip ended first: the daily strip, or the Sunday strip?
16. True or false: There were at least five Rusty Riley comic books published in Australia.
17. True or false: Rusty Riley appeared in halves and thirds, but never in tabloid format.
18. True or false: Patty Miles did not know how to ride a horse.
19. True or false: All of the original art for the Sunday Rusty Riley strip was the same size.
20. True or false: There were at least four Rusty Riley comic books published in the United States.
That’s it! I’ll state one set of possible answers in a future post. Some of the questions may be possible to answer correctly in more than one way.
March 13, 2012